Nonsurgical Facial Rejuvenation
At Bayview Plastic Surgery in Gig Harbor WA, we value patient safety above all else. The world of injectable cosmetic products has expanded in its diversity and applications over the past decade. At our office, all such injections are performed either by Dr. Cohen himself or by a well trained and experienced nurse injector under Dr. Cohen’s direct supervision. During your initial visit, Dr. Cohen will conduct a full consultation, carefully evaluating your goals and concerns, as well as your facial anatomy, in order to come up with the individualized plan best suited for your specific needs. This consultation will be followed with the appropriately selected injectable treatment done during the same visit. Subsequent visits for established patients will be more brief, primarily consisting of a brief re-evaluation by Dr. Cohen, followed by the appropriately selected injectable treatments.
Treatment Instructions for Botox and Fillers
Disclaimer: You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please inform your provider prior to your FILLER treatment. The doctor will need to write a prescription to pre-treat to eliminate the chances of you developing a cold sore post treatment. Not needed for Botox / Dysport or Kybella.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications 5-7 days prior to treatment. Medications such as: Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil Supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising).
- Schedule your appointment at least 1-2 weeks prior to a special event, such as a wedding or a vacation due to risk of bruising and swelling post treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment in advance if you have a severe rash, cold sore or severe acne in the treatment area.
- If you tend to bruise a lot, consider taking Arnica tablets a few days prior to injections to prevent bruising (Usage: Dispense 5 pellets under your tongue 3 times a day).
Botox Post-Treatment Instructions:
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following treatment. Do NOT receive facials, facial laser treatments, or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 24 hours.
- Do NOT lie down flat or perform vigorous exercise for 3 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from spreading into a different muscle.
- It can take approximately 3-5 days for the onset of action to occur. Full effects should be seen by 10-14 days. Touch-ups if needed will be scheduled 2 weeks after initial treatment and NOT before.
Filler Post-Treatment Instructions:
- Do NOT receive facials, facial laser treatments, or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10-14 days.
- No vigorous activities for 24 hours following your filler treatment.
- It can take up to 2-3 weeks for desired results to be seen. Bruising and swelling is common. Applying ice to the area as well as sleeping slightly elevated can help. For moderate to severe bruising/swelling, taking Arnica tabs and Zyrtec (or some sort of other antihistamine) for a few days after treatment can speed up the recovery process.
Please contact our office with any questions/concerns.
Please refer to the links below for more information regarding BOTOX®, Juvéderm®. and FDA approvals.